The Panelmasta® range comes in three styles with a large range of colours and window designs available. Each door is tailor made to suit your home and comes with a range of features that provide strength and durability.
• Choice of three styles.
• Optional window designs available.
• Wide range of colours.
• Choice of woodgrain or smooth finish.
• Soft, pliable bottom weatherseal helps stop leaves and rain entering under the door.
Smooth, quiet operation
• Nylon wheels with roller bearings for smoother, more durable operation.
• Hi-tensile box section door stiles, bonded with adhesive to the door panel, minimising the transmission of sound.
• Optional nylon hinges ensures quiet operation.
Strength & Durability
• Springs designed for 10,000 cycles.
• Heavy duty galvanised steel hinges and door track. (Nylon hinges available on request).
• Reo endcap protects against cuts caused by Reo edging.
A wide range of sizes
• Available in sizes up to 7100mm wide (Contemporary max size 6100mm wide)
• Suit openings up to 3050mm high.
12 month warranty for complete door and parts in domestic and industrial/commercial applications, surface (excludes salt corrosion).
*As with all types of garage doors, for optimal trouble free performance and safety, we recommend you have your door serviced annually.
Sectional Doors – Smoothpanel
- Modern flat look & finish
- Smooth, Quiet Operation
- Thick, strong, sleek panels
- Bottom Weatherseal for protection from elements
- Springs designed to 20,000 cycles
Smoothpanel delivers a superior flat folded design that creates a truly flat finish which is both solid and strong.
- Smooth, flat folded steel sectional door.
- Flat folding creates a truely flat finish.
Smooth, Quiet Operation
- Factory fitted, muntins and end styles ensure consistent panel tolerances for trouble free operation.
- Nylon wheels with ball bearings.
- Easy to open and close
- Ball bearing wheels with two-piece roll-formed track, allows door to run smoothly during operation
- Galvanised steel hinges, reducing stress loading for consistent operation.
- Zincalume®, to stand up to the harsh Australian climate
- Bottom weatherseal which is soft and pliable, helping to stop leaves and rain coming in under the door.
- Available in Zincalume or powder coated to the standard B&D and Dulux colour range.
- Springs designed to exceed the Aus/NZ Standard for garage doors – 20,000 cycles.
- Constructed from thick steel, folded to produce a strong rigid panel.
Windpanel Garage Door
From May 2013, the National Construction Code features mandatory wind requirements for all new constructions in regions C & D. This update means that the wind code is now applied to garage doors and large access doors.
To comply with the revised standards, garage doors are required to be cyclonically tested.
Damage investigations of buildings affected by cyclones have shown that garage doors have under-performed other parts of buildings. If a garage door fails prematurely during a cyclone, the damage to the building, contents and surrounding property can be far more expensive than the door itself and can also endanger lives. To reduce the risk of this happening, it is recommended that you install a garage door that is adequately wind rated.
Comprehensively designed for use in all cyclone-affected regions throughout Australia, the B&D Windpanel™ has been independently tested by a NATA certified labaratory and independent engineer, and is approved for use in high wind cyclone regions.
The B&D Windpanel™ can withstand wind speeds of up to 290km/hr. It looks just like a normal sectional door but has been re-engineered to deliver additional strength, and incorporate the high wind aluminium bracing system.
The door re-engineering was conducted in order to achieve the strongest, most rigid door panel possible. Features on each door panel include reinforced track brackets, additional steel reinforcing struts, additional centre stiles, double end stiles and extended split-pined axles and wheels for all door widths, and additional hinge supports.To find out more information about wind classifications, download the B&D Windpanel brochure
The Aluminium Bracing System:
- When a cyclone is imminent, heavy-duty aluminium braces are secured.
- Up to 4 braces are required depending on the door width and which cyclone region the door is installed.
- Braces are secured to both the garage (to the floor and the lintel) and to the garage door.
- Installation process takes under 5 minutes per brace and only requires a screwdriver.
- Once cyclone passes, the braces are removed, placed in their dedicated B&D-designed storage system.
- Additional reinforced track brackets – secured every 250mm and constructed of quality galvanized steel
- Each individual door panel features 2 x steel reinforcing struts – giving each panel enhanced support
- Additional centre stiles in every panel
- Double end stiles, extended axles and wheels (which are pinned to prevent movement)
- The high wind product features heavy duty extruded aluminium braces, above door brackets, floor central mounting point & numerous support fixtures throughout, ensuring the door resists blow in and blow out in cyclone affected regions throughout Australia
- Springs tested to exceed the ˆAustralian Standard > 20,000 cycles
The B&D Windpanel™ has been tested in accordance to AS/NZS 4505:2012 (Garage Doors & Other Large Access Doors) which complies to AS/NZS 1170.2:2011 (Wind actions) and AS 4055:2012 (Wind loads for housing).